It’s official; Facebook will be converting ALL brand pages to the new Timeline layout as of March 30th. That means there will be several changes that will affect your business page. This post will explain these changes and show you how to take full advantage of these modifications.
First thing’s first.
- Facebook Timeline will be in full effect as of March 30th, 2012.
- The new layout is intended to be much easier to read and more informative (see the attached reworked NetWave brand page as an example).
- Admins may choose to preview their page in timeline before the full rollout.
- You have the option of publishing the Timeline now, before March 30th.
- The biggest change, besides the way posts are displayed on the page is the Cover photo.
- This is a larger image where you can be as simple or as creative as you want, but should ultimately reflect your business.
- There are several restrictions for the cover. (No direct promoting or advertising)
- NetWave can design and optimize this image for you (more on this later).
- No longer will all the tabs (currently on the left) be showcased.
- Tabs now have larger logos.
- The ‘Photos’ tab cannot be moved.
- You may swap out the other 3 tabs, as much as you want, with your other tabs you want to feature. (Perfect for current promotions, menus, contests, etc.)
- Custom apps/ tabs can now be wider.
- NO more landing tabs, which means ‘Welcome’ tabs are irrelevant.
Great Improvements for Brand Pages:
- You may “pin” a post, which will make it “stick” at the top for up to 7 days. You can change which post is pinned as much as you want.
- Makes the post wide across the screen.
- Milestones are just that, any milestones for your business may be added separately to make them stand out on your timeline and provide a history of your business.
- Users can send private messages to brand pages.
- Brand pages can respond to these messages.
- Users must initiate the message first.
- You no longer have to ask a customer to send you an email (listing the email address for all to see). Simply ask them to message you.
See our example here.
In an effort to make the switch easier for you, NetWave Interactive will offer two services:
- Basic Update: Includes a simple cover photo, provided by you, and editing which tabs are displayed.
- Custom Update: Includes a custom designed cover photo and edits to the tabs. Option for new tabs to be generated.
Our professional services rate is $125 per hour.
- A basic update for our current clients will take approximately ½ an hour because we know your layout. For new clients the change may take about an hour.
- A custom update for existing clients will take approximately 1-1 ½ hours. Additional custom work will be quoted upon request.
NetWave Interactive Marketing would like to remind you of our full Social Media services, which includes management and monitoring. Thank you and have a great day!